Monday, December 29, 2014

I have moved to the Phylogenomics Lab at Uvigo



 

A slight change of scenery for me. I've recently been hired by David Posada's Phylogenomics Lab (University of Vigo) to work on NGS Phylogeography analyzing RNA-seq data to obtain a large number of homologous loci from a set of marine snail species, a recent radiation of the genus Trovaoconus endemic from the Cape Verde islands. Sounds good, isn't it?

A new research group, a new lab, a new building, new tasks and a new field, but merely 100 meters away from my past location at the Population Genetics and Cytogenetics Group. No change of institution or department but a change of status. Last year I held an extension of the postdoctoral fellowship from Xunta de Galicia that I've held from 2007 to 2010. Now I am hired for an specific project during all 2015, so the future still has a lot of uncertainty, as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment